First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Modified To Full Customs

FT500 Vintage racer

<< < (4/15) > >>

hellblom:
Thanks for sharing the info on how you solved the rear brake. I will get there pretty soon myself.

I see what you mean by the front end looking skinny when the forks are flush with the triple tree. The stance is better as you have it now, but I do not like the protruding forks, hmm..

hellblom:
Another question: can you send me the link to the overhaul kit for the CBR front forks (dust seals, oil seals, bushings, everything) that you bought? Are you planning on doing the service yourself? If so, please share how it went, I am a bit hesitant on doing service on forks myself. It seems tricky...

J6G1Z:
I ended up doing this.

FT500R:

--- Quote from: hellblom on July 29, 2020, 02:05:28 pm ---Another question: can you send me the link to the overhaul kit for the CBR front forks (dust seals, oil seals, bushings, everything) that you bought? Are you planning on doing the service yourself? If so, please share how it went, I am a bit hesitant on doing service on forks myself. It seems tricky...

--- End quote ---
I got them from a dutch webshop.
http://www.japparts.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_86_93_183&products_id=16849
http://www.japparts.nl/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=79_86_93_183&products_id=17699

I have rebuilt some forks before. It is not that hard just follow a haynes manual and you will be alright. I have a CBR haynes manual I can send you if you like.
The adaptations as stated in the above files will be new for me too so I'll have to find out how that works myself.
When I get to that I'll take some pictures and share them here.

--- Quote from: J6G1Z on July 29, 2020, 07:07:52 pm ---I ended up doing this.

--- End quote ---
I saw that on your original post on the swap, a lot cleaner than my solution! But mine was very easy with the parts I had lying around. Might change it up eventually but I am happy with how it is right now. Does the job ;)

J6G1Z:
Thanks. I didn't even think about using the original one. Your solution is more clever.

EDIT: The bracket/strap that I made, required shocks with smaller diameter springs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version