First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Modified To Full Customs

FT500 Vintage racer

<< < (9/15) > >>

hellblom:
Nice, which model of the progressive springs was it?

FT500R:
Yesterday it was time for spaghetti!
Stripped the wiring harness and removed everything I did not need anymore (blinkers, clutch/neutral start safety etc). I got the extra wires out by depinning the plugs instead of cutting the wires. Everything for now can still be put back to stock (not that I intend to ever go back to stock  ;D)
Still kept the wiring for the headlight in for now and kept some extra grounds and + wires. Can always remove them later.

I also removed, disassembled and fully cleaned the carb (again) and fitted a spare windscreen I had lying around. It was an old torn windscreen that did not fit this bike at all. I cut it up fust before the tear, made it to size and cut some holes. Will do for now.

@Hellblom I will check the partnumber for you later.

FT500R:
@hellblom. Partnumber is 500-173-00 according to the box.

I made some progress on the fiberglass seat but due to a hack my company blocked a lot of websites (I only have a work laptop) uploading pictures from my phone doesn't work so will have to figure something out before I can do another update on the progress. Doesn't matter too much as progress will be a bit slower since I am moving next month, a lot of time will go into that before I can resume work on the bikes.

hellblom:
Thanks! I hope you move to a place with a garage :)

FT500R:
Unfortunately no garage. A small shed that is too small to really work on the bike in, but at least I will have power and a place of my own. I do have enough space to build a carport or maybe even a garage but I would have to check with the municipality if that is allowed (strict rules on that here). It will be a big step forward from my current situation anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version