First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Modified To Full Customs

FT500 Vintage racer

<< < (12/15) > >>

murdo:
When I have had trouble with the dowels I welded an extra piece of steel to the dowel so as to be able to get a better grip on it with a vice. Cut off and cleaned up the dowel before returning to valve cover.

FT500R:
Will try to weld a bolt or nut to the dowel.
I only have a 220v flux core mig welder so hope I can get enough heat in the dowel to make something stick to it.
I'll probably get a new dowel afterwards ;)

FT500R:
Since the small end of my crank was damaged I bought a second hand one via Ebay.
Always a bit of a gamble but the one I received is in immaculate condition!
Very happy with that.
Continuing to strip the engine down to really get a proper overview of what I need to order.
I also got my new piston in (.5 oversize) so can send the cylinder out for a bore and a hone.

hellblom:
Good job!

FT500R:
Got the whole engine apart and I am stripping the cases of the paint now.
Had to unfortunately also replace the oil pomp as the rotor was very pitted (although all clearances were still fine)
I finally got the last rockershaft dowel out. Ended up welding a small strip to the dowel, clamping the strip in a vice and gently tapping the headcover (with a piece of cardboard in between) this finally got the dowel out.
I've collected a decent amount of rockers now... some very good... some very bad..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version