First Generation Ascots > Classified Ads

High Performance Exhaust System For The FT500

<< < (8/10) > >>

J6G1Z:
 8)

scottly:
J, any idea of the weight difference between the HP pipe and the stock one? Weight is a very important consideration to me; in fact the weight of the stock air-box is what prompted me to go with the K&N filter.
Thanks

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: scottly on May 07, 2014, 10:52:17 pm ---J, any idea of the weight difference between the HP pipe and the stock one? Weight is a very important consideration to me; in fact the weight of the stock air-box is what prompted me to go with the K&N filter.
Thanks
--- End quote ---

I had planned to weigh them, but I don't have a scale that accurate. There isn't as much difference between the original OEM headpipes & the ThumperStuff Header as there is with the other end of the pipe. The OEM muffler is pretty heavy. I'm guessing that the OEM headpipes are 1.5x as heavy as the Header. I'm also guessing that changing the muffler will remove almost 10 lbs from the bike.

The main benefit to the Header that I see besides larger I.D. headpipes, is where the two headpipes join at the collector. On the Header, they flow side by side & gently merge together. On the OEM headpipes, the left side pipe intersects the right side pipe at an almost 90 degree angle causing the exhaust pulses to collide into each other vs. merging together & enhancing the scavenging effect.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

J.

PS. If you are trying to remove weight. Check out the AntiGravity Battery for the Ascot. http://antigravitybatteries.com/ag-1201  Check out the pricing on Amazon.com. This battery swap will remove 7 to 10+ lbs. of high mounted weight from your bike.

J6G1Z:
It's hot outside already today, so I thought I'd take some "inside" pics for you all to check out.

Here is a side by side comparison of the ThumperStuff header & the OEM head-pipes.

J6G1Z:
Take a look at how the head-pipes merge together at the collector. I'm thinking that this area of the pipe is where some gains are to be had. Check out how the left side OEM head-pipe joins the right. It's damn near a 90 degree angle, forcing one sides exhaust pulses, to collide into the other sides pulses, vs. smoothly merging together like the ThumperStuff pipe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version