Second Generation Ascots > The V-Twin Years: Modified To Full Customs

Custom VT500FT Ascot Pictures...

<< < (5/9) > >>

J6G1Z:
I may have to try one of those reverse megs later on down the road on my FT500 hybrid. I have a feeling that the meg that is on there now will draw too much of the wrong type of attention. It's about half a Harley loud right now.

I used to own a VT500FT many years ago & I installed the MAC dual exhaust system on it. It was a bit on the raspy side, but so was I back then. ;D  That's when "Loud Pipes Saves Lives" seemed like a logical motto. Now I like a pipe that's loud enough for pedestrians walking alongside the road & bicyclists can hear me coming, but not obnoxiously loud. I have one bike that is whisper quiet & have had a couple of bicycles weave out in front of me.

J.

Bucko:

--- Quote from: WmVIII on September 07, 2013, 05:01:35 pm ---Hey folks, new to the forum and thought I'd share.

Here's a few pics of my '84 VT500FTC "ShAscot", so named because I have swapped on to it numerous items from the VT500C Shadow. 

--- End quote ---

Just wondering why you didn't call it an AsCow.  ;D

WmVIII:
Ahhh hahahahaha!  I love it, and from a man named Bucko to boot :-)  Consider it renamed - AsCow it is!

redlynr:
A few pics of my vt... I need to get current ones.

I removed everything unnecessary, jetted up, added uni filter to the intake 'plenum' under the gas tank, harley headlight, sport bars...

And another one I found along the way...

Cheers

cdntfindanAscot:
Redlynr -  8) That was the bike (the red one) that  put me onto VT's!! Can't remember what I was surfing the net for at the time, but came across that pic and decided there and then that THAT was what I wanted.
Unfortunately it turned out Ascots are a bit thin on the ground over 'ere  :( , but I'm working on it.

Can you remember what jets and filter you used? could be a good starting place for me when I get round to removing the std airbox.

cheers
nev

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version