Second Generation Ascots > The V-Twin Years: Modified To Full Customs

Custom VT500FT Ascot Pictures...

<< < (7/9) > >>

redlynr:
sealed lead acid... they can be mounted in any orientation, no spill, no worry. Lithium is even better due to smaller dimensions than a similar output sla...

Yes, I have seen many seat pans; that one is high on my list if I choose to buy instead of make...

Cheers

thumperdh:

--- Quote from: redlynr on September 12, 2013, 07:52:54 am ---A few pics of my vt... I need to get current ones.

I removed everything unnecessary, jetted up, added uni filter to the intake 'plenum' under the gas tank, harley headlight, sport bars...

Cheers

--- End quote ---

That. Is. Absolutely killer. I want a VT so much right now.

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: thumperdh on December 14, 2013, 11:44:14 pm --- ...I want a VT so much right now.
--- End quote ---

Keep an eye on Craigslist. Or better yet, place a Wanted Ad on CL stating that you are wanting to buy a 1983-84 Honda VT500FT Ascot. When doing a Craigslist search, do a search for "Ascot", "Ascott", "VT500" & "VT 500". I have found Ascots labeled as all four of those search terms. I'm not certain, but I think there may be more FT's out there than VT's. I have had better luck running a Wanted or WTB: Ad than finding a bike listed for sale. I have seen VT's advertised for $1200 on up to over $3K for the dreamers. You should probably be prepared to go as high as $2K to maybe $2.5K for a Cherry bike with less than 10K miles on it. The problem with Ascots is that there just isn't a whole lot of them around. A lot of people think they are rare & collectable, but that is not really the case.

Good luck & happy hunting
J.

thumperdh:

--- Quote from: J6G1Z on December 15, 2013, 12:54:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: thumperdh on December 14, 2013, 11:44:14 pm --- ...I want a VT so much right now.
--- End quote ---

Keep an eye on Craigslist. Or better yet, place a Wanted Ad on CL stating that you are wanting to buy a 1983-84 Honda VT500FT Ascot. When doing a Craigslist search, do a search for "Ascot", "Ascott", "VT500" & "VT 500". I have found Ascots labeled as all four of those search terms. I'm not certain, but I think there may be more FT's out there than VT's. I have had better luck running a Wanted or WTB: Ad than finding a bike listed for sale. I have seen VT's advertised for $1200 on up to over $3K for the dreamers. You should probably be prepared to go as high as $2K to maybe $2.5K for a Cherry bike with less than 10K miles on it. The problem with Ascots is that there just isn't a whole lot of them around. A lot of people think they are rare & collectable, but that is not really the case.

Good luck & happy hunting
J.

--- End quote ---

I was tracking one down a few weeks ago but when I got to finally look at it there was extensive rust damage all over the frame of the bike. One of the downsides of living just a few blocks from the ocean.

Luke:
Apologies if this beauty has already been posted ...  :-\

http://jokermachine.com/joker-racing/johnny-jumps-1984-honda-vt500ft-street-tracker/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version