First Generation Ascots > Tech Section

Dyno tuning

<< < (5/8) > >>

scottly:
Yes, I'm running the stock header, but I'd like to try the Thumperstuff one; unfortunately, the budget is kind of tight right now. I saw your post earlier about the ID of both pipes at the cylinder head end, so I measured the stock '82 XR pipe: 1.00".
This graph is the first one I posted, with a 167 main, overlaid with part of the second graph with the 185 main.

scottly:

--- Quote from: J6G1Z on July 18, 2014, 10:37:45 am ---
--- Quote from: scottly on July 16, 2014, 11:13:46 pm ---It would be nice to be able to post a 500K size graph; at least it would be easier to read, not to mention much easier for me to size. ;D 
--- End quote ---

Some wishes can come true. At least once the Admin guy figures out the right screen to make the changes. :-[ ;D

J.

--- End quote ---
Woo Hoo!!!! That works great!!! Thanks! ;D ;D

AndreLindholm:
Wow thats pretty good changes. Is your engine stock other than the KN air filter and the free flowing exhaust?
Have you done anything else since?

scottly:
Yes, the motor is stock, other than the filter and silencer. I have a used White Bros WBX-1 cam, which will probably be the next modification.

scottly:
The bottle-neck in the stock carb appears to be the needle jet; with an ID of .101", and the needle OD about .071" at the point it enters the restriction in the jet with the slide fully open, the combination will only flow as much as a 1.824mm main jet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version