First Generation Ascots > Tech Section

Mikuni carb swap

<< < (2/2)

triguyracer:
 A fcr is a type of flattslide carb,your round slide MIK will work xclnt I had one on my yam sr500 when I had one in 1980 and it worked xclnt once jetted they work real good. Please post your jetting specs when you get it dialed in as it is one of the mods I want to do on my own ascot,round slide MIK can be found real easy, the costly part is having and getting all the correct jets ,needles ,recevers ,if you know the internal specs for them you can save quite a bit of money

wrk2ride_ride2wrk:
the Keihin FCR like the Mikuni you've fitted has a throttle cable to slide (flat) popular as a race carb, had a couple so just thought I'd try it out.
 :)

scottly:
Looks like that FCR has a spool for the throttle cable the same as the stock FT. Let us know how it works; I'm a fan of the "I had one so why not try it" way of thinking. ;D

WTF304:
I know this is an old thread but .... has anyone successfully used an FCR carb ? Or was it bust ...

smcohio:
After a little research on what carbs mikuni offers I feel that the best one would be a tm38-85. It's a flat slide 38mm body with a 62mm inlet and 47mm outlet. Has anyone ran this carb?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version