First Generation Ascots > The Thumper Years: Modified To Full Customs

My FT500/CBR600 Hybrid Project...

<< < (6/8) > >>

thumperdh:
J, what's been going on with this bad boy? I was looking for a way to clean up the tail section of my FT and I remembered your integrated license plate frame. I think i might have to jack your style and get one myself.

J6G1Z:
Funny you should ask... I spent part of today straightening up my little shop & re-aquanting myself with the bike. I haven't really touched it since around Christmas time. I kind of ran out of money for a while. I then decided that this would be the year that the little woman's greenhouse is finally built. So I've been playing carpenter instead of wrenching on the bike. The greenhouse was completed recently, so it's time to get back to work & finish the bike. It shouldn't take very long, as I'm pretty sure that most everything is there & ready for assembly.

Thanks
J.

J6G1Z:
Well... The tool box was cracked open, tools were operated & sweat happened. ;D

The bike is a roller again. So much easier to turn it around vs. ratcheting it around on the center stand. All that needs done now is the wiring for the TrailTech gauge, change the oil & filter, then re-assemble. Shouldn't take long now.

For those of you who do the CBR rear wheel & a 520 chain conversion, be prepared to align the sprockets. I ended up using a thick washer per bolt between the countershaft sprocket & the retainer. On the tail end, I ended up using two washers per stud between the sprocket & the wheel. This is to move the countershaft sprocket in towards the center by about 1/16th to an 1/8th of an inch & the rear sprocket out away from the wheel by a 1/16th to an 1/8th of an inch. This aligns the sprockets better for a straight chain run.

Stay tuned...

Thanks
J.

J6G1Z:
Well....  ???

I RODE IT TODAY !  ;D 8)

thumperdh:
Awesome. And how was it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page