Second Generation Ascots > The V-Twin Years: Stock To Lightly Modified

1984 Ascot mild project

<< < (2/7) > >>

scott s:
 Got the old gas out and soaked the tank with EvapoRust.

Before:

After (the line is where I initially started with only one gallon and was moving the tank around to soak. Ended up topping it off with another gallon):

murdo:
Looks good.

scott s:
 I pulled the air filter and 75% of the foam was GONE. But there was a nice stash of kibbles in the air box. It never ceases to amaze me where the varmints can get.

Cleaned the housing with Simple Green and carb cleaner. Vacuumed and wiped out the air box. Used some leftover UNI foam and made a new filter.

scott s:
Pulled the carbs and I'm glad I did. I can still smell the old gas that came out, and while the throttle turned, the slides were stuck. Diaphragms are good. I dropped them and the CB360 carbs off with my carb guy.

scott s:
 Got the oil and filter changed in the VT. It uses the same filter my VF500 uses and I just happened to have a couple on hand.

I gathered up the stuff for the brakes but was stymied by some stuck pistons in the caliper I picked up. I just have a little 3 gallon compressor and it wouldn't pop them out . I'll drop it off at my buddy's shop and have him pop them out.
 I had a new 16mm master cylinder on hand. Bought it for the VF500 and ended up not needing it. I picked up some EBC pads and had a stainless hose made at a local hydraulics shop. Only $24!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version