First Generation Ascots > Tech Section

Performance Exhaust Research

(1/2) > >>

smcohio:
Currently pulling together information, pictures and measurements on performance exhaust systems for the FT500. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

J6G1Z:

--- Quote from: smcohio on May 20, 2018, 07:37:16 am --- Currently pulling together information, pictures and measurements on performance exhaust systems for the FT500. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
--- End quote ---

Pull up the search feature. Select all the headings under "First Generation Ascots" along with the "General Technical" underneath the "Round The Campfire" section. Enter "Exhaust" into the search & begin reading the results. That should answer most questions.

J.

smcohio:

--- Quote from: J6G1Z on May 20, 2018, 09:24:30 am ---
--- Quote from: smcohio on May 20, 2018, 07:37:16 am --- Currently pulling together information, pictures and measurements on performance exhaust systems for the FT500. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
--- End quote ---

Pull up the search feature. Select all the headings under "First Generation Ascots" along with the "General Technical" underneath the "Round The Campfire" section. Enter "Exhaust" into the search & begin reading the results. That should answer most questions.

J.

--- End quote ---

Yep I have already collected alot of info from all of this.
How did the thumper stuff exhaust age for you? Still holding together? Anything you would change? Any mistakes besides the collars and some slight bending to get fitment?

J6G1Z:
Thumper-Stuff header is a nice piece.

I think the primary tubes may be a bit large for a stock engine, but still a better design than the OEM pipe. Slight loss of initial torque with stock engine, but quicker throttle response.

J.

PS. Check this out: http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=4.0

smcohio:
Thanks J. I have referenced some stuff off of that drawing. I have made several exhausts over the years and with the very limited options out there I would love to make a great exhaust for the ft500. I have looked into kerker, white brothers, jemco, and some various other one off exhausts that have been made over the years. Looking for all input on all exhaust systems to know the pros and cons of all of them were. Hopefully in the end o can come up with a well rounded exhaust.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version