Author Topic: Anyone Own A Large Honda XR?  (Read 10350 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Anyone Own A Large Honda XR?
« on: December 13, 2013, 12:43:58 pm »
I'm looking for links, forums & info on the Honda XR600.

I just brought home a '93 XR600 & I'm trying to learn all that I can about this incredible bike & its potential.

Thank you
J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone Own A Large Honda XR?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2013, 03:59:11 pm »
Took the XR600 out for a short street ride yesterday. The bike has a Baja Designs street legal kit on it & is licensed. The weather wasn't the best at 39 degrees & overcast, but visibility was good. I didn't get much further than about 10-12 miles from my home on my favorite twisty back road when I hit a wall of fog. Suddenly visibility was only about 30+/- feet. I followed the white line along the shoulder until I dropped down into a low spot where the visibility improved enough to be able to turn around without being hit be a car. I realized that I wasn't really having much fun with the fog & my XR's lights aren't all that big, so I headed back home & parked the bike until a nicer day comes along. The XR600 is one hell of a torque monster & was a lot of fun to ride until I hit the fog. I’m really looking forward to the next clear day.

J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone Own A Large Honda XR?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 12:01:55 pm »
Well... I went out for a bit of a "Polar Bear" ride yesterday... Except it wasn't really that cold out. Temperature was in the low to mid 40's & the sun was out. I took the XR600 out on my favorite run & had a good ride for the most part. Once I dropped into the trees the road was still cold & wet, with a layer of tiny rocks that the road department put down when it's icy out. The XR has a regular old knobby on the front & a dual sport tire on the rear. Neither are very confidence inspiring in the corners. So, it ended up being a bit slippery & I slid around a few turns damn near Flat-Tracker style. LOL! That was kind of exciting... Mostly because it was unplanned. I really had to slow myself down & concentrate on my throttle control & what little feedback that I was receiving from the front end. I still managed to maintain a fairly aggressive ride & a good rate of speed. Passed a few bikes & several cars that were out sight seeing. I would love to have this section of road closed off someday & freshly swept... All to myself with no speed limit. Yee-Haw! That would be a great day. I turned around at the end & headed home through the same route. I rolled into the neighborhood just as the fog was starting to roll in for the evening. Perfect timing! All in all... Another great little ride.

J.