Author Topic: Borescope On Sale....  (Read 10758 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Borescope On Sale....
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:34:34 am »
Right now Harbor Freight has a Borescope on sale for $69.99

You need to find the coupon in their mailers to get the lowered price.

Here is the Ad for the Borescope: http://www.harborfreight.com/digital-inspection-camera-67979.html

It's a pretty neat tool & is constructed a bit better than the usual Harbor Freight standard. I bought one yesterday & have played with it in the house a bit. It will be a very handy addition to the tool box.

Hurry up & go check them out before the sale is over.
J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Borescope On Sale....
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2014, 12:25:29 pm »
Here is another deal on a scope from Sears.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM6922768513

The Harbor Freight scope has a 16mm camera, while the Sears scope has a 9mm camera. I don't know how the picture quality is on the sears scope, but the smaller diameter camera is a bonus.

Good luck
J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Borescope On Sale....
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 10:18:32 am »
Well the Sears 9mm borescope arrived just yesterday. My initial impression was good, but it doesn't come with a protective case like the Harbor Freight unit does. I installed the four AA batteries & played with it around the house for a few minutes. It doesn't have as strong LED lighting as the Harbor Freight (HF) unit & the HF unit seems to have a better picture quality. I suppose that stands to reason that the unit with the bigger camera lens would have the better picture quality. The Sears unit will fit down a sparkplug hole on even the small diameter plugs where the HF unit will not as it is a 16mm or .630" end on it. The Sears unit also does not have any provision to install a plug jack & hook it up to a larger monitor or a recording device like the HF unit does.

So there you have my very informal notes on the two units. If you want to go through a sparkplug hole to inspect a cylinder, then the Sears unit is the way to go. If you have an entrance that a 16mm end will pass through, then the HF unit is better.

Good luck
J.