Author Topic: fuse help!  (Read 12072 times)

troy_mclure

fuse help!
« on: March 22, 2014, 10:13:17 pm »
i blew a fuse(i hope) when changing my turn signal relay.
the honda shop gave me a 3 plug(2 plug installed when purchased). i think i plugged the plugs in the wrong spots. the telay clicked once and now i have no power to the bike.

i cant find any info on what fuses or busses the bike takes.

help!!!!

lol

scottly

• Humboldt, AZ USA
Re: fuse help!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 02:02:09 am »
The main "fuse" is located on the side of the starter solenoid, near the front of the battery, under a plastic cover. It's a very thin strip of metal, fastened with two Philips-head screws. I replaced mine with a modern blade style fuse by attaching each wire of the new fuse holder under the screws.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 09:01:15 am »
There are also two fuses underneath the cover on top of the handle-bar mount.

I think those are the only ones. The fuses above the bars & the fusible link next to the starter relay.

I used this Flasher Unit when I switched to smaller incandescent lights in the front & LED's in the back:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/motorcycle-accessories/lf1-s-pin-universal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/193/841/

It plugs right in & works perfect.

Good luck
J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 09:03:32 am »
Here is a link to the Wiring Diagram: http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=126

Good luck
J.

troy_mclure

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 10:15:34 pm »
The main "fuse" is located on the side of the starter solenoid, near the front of the battery, under a plastic cover. It's a very thin strip of metal, fastened with two Philips-head screws. I replaced mine with a modern blade style fuse by attaching each wire of the new fuse holder under the screws.
That got it. Thanks! There was even a spare. Lol. I did pick up a new modern blade fuse setup ill install.