Author Topic: Rear master cylinder  (Read 8936 times)

patriotemt

Rear master cylinder
« on: July 07, 2014, 08:52:55 am »
Yeah yeah..I know, someone as probably addressed this issue....I just didn't look hard enough! So, that being said, I need a new one. I believe that the old one is pretty chowdered up and won't benefit from a rebuild, even though I've ordered the kit. I bought the bike with a Frankenstein goobered up replacement master from another non FT500 bike...which doesn't work either.
Any ideas for a more compatible interchange? I'm looking at a '83 VF750 Interceptor master..it LOOKS similar..

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Rear master cylinder
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 11:20:38 am »
There was some discussion about Brembo master cylinders. Whether or not a certain model would fit.
http://www.oppracing.com/category/224-rear-brake-master-cylinder/

If you can find a master who's body fits the frames mounting holes, many times the operating rod can be swapped to obtain the correct length.

That's about all I have at this time.
J.

PS. You might also try your question at the Yahoo FT Ascot Users Group if you don't receive any more replies on this board. Here is the address: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/honda-ascot/info
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:36:47 am by J6G1Z »

scottly

• Humboldt, AZ USA
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:43:41 am »
The vf750 MC has a different part #, and the piston rebuild kit also has a different part #.
I was able to take my stock FT MC apart, clean it up, and reassemble it using the original rubber parts. If the MC piston is stuck in the bore, use a grease-gun to force it out.

patriotemt

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 07:11:02 am »
I'm sure the part numbers are different but all in all, the unit appears as though it could fit in the space...my OEM one is pretty chowdered up...I ordered the kit but 'm not hopeful it can be rehabilitated.