Author Topic: Rear Brake Caliper Swap  (Read 10707 times)

karbo1

Rear Brake Caliper Swap
« on: July 19, 2014, 08:09:46 am »
Anyone got a later model caliper swap they are using on the rear brake? Mine is junk and want to replace with something that isn't so hard to find. The 89-91 CBR 600 one is a bolt on affair they tell me.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Rear Brake Caliper Swap
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 10:38:17 am »
I have an original FT Ascot rear brake caliper that I removed from a bike with about 29K miles on it. The bike was involved in a low speed dump & the caliper has a couple of gouges/scratches on the caliper housing. As far as I know, it still works. If you are interested send me a PM with your e-mail & shipping addresses. Then I can send you a couple of pictures of the part. As far as cost? I'm not looking to get rich, send me an offer & I'll probably take it.

J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 12:59:33 pm »
I went & dug up that FT rear caliper. It has the brake line with it & should still be wet with brake fluid on the inside. Here are a few pics. Please contact me by PM if you are interested.

Thank you
J.

PS. Even looks like it has good pads on it.

karbo1

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 08:55:46 pm »
Sorry for the late response. I was on vacation and didn't look at the forum. Still interested in caliper. I pm'd you. Wonder if you have bracket too.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 11:55:31 am »
Hey Karbo1,

Are you sure that you sent me a PM? Or was it an e-mail?

I didn't receive your PM, but I did receive an e-mail from someone who is interested. Hopefully that is you, instead of two parties contacting me on the same day for the same part.

Thanks
J.