Author Topic: Wanted - FT500C Starter armature  (Read 11893 times)

plasticadam

Wanted - FT500C Starter armature
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:28:45 am »
Help! Really desperate to find an armature for an FT500C starter. My one is burnt out and apparently none available.  Does anyone have one for sale-or can direct me to one please?

Doesn't matter if the rest of the motor is not perfect as its only the armature that's needed but obviously happy to buy the whole unit if you don't want to split it.

Thanks for any help - suggestions.

WTF304

Re: Wanted - FT500C Starter armature
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2015, 07:10:59 pm »
I have one and probably another but i think they were both completely shot, i kept them for the case's and the bolts should i ever need. I'm not looking to sell but I'll search around a bit, if something turns up I'll post it here

WTF304

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 07:24:53 pm »
This was on a site called bikeboneyard, they wanted 50$ but they never explained if they were selling all the parts .. good buy but it was like talking to morons through an email. I asked for this picture days ago cause i was in search of an extra pinion just to have. They list it as gears and when asked to see what gears they have for sale i got a reply back saying ... " what gear do you need ? ". I replied back saying that it says gears, not gear in their listings and i asked if they wanted 50$ for everything in the pic. That was 2 weeks ago, and i haven't gotten a response back since, if you do go through them just be cautious .... this wasn't the first part i inquired about from them.

WTF304

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2015, 07:26:48 pm »
Not sure if it's still available but Google them up and have a look see, interested in knowing how you make out.

plasticadam

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2015, 12:20:49 pm »
WTF34-thanks for your information. I may give them a try and just see what I response I get.

WTF304

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2015, 06:56:25 pm »
No problem hope all goes well. Besides that's what this forum is supposed to be here for right ?

plasticadam

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 07:16:28 am »
Well I've taken a chance on bikeboneyard. They gave the right answers in their emails - and the price was right. Just a bit tricky to get it shipped to the UK as they didn't seem too keen to send it overseas - so it'll come via my brother-in-law in New Mexico. Interesting little round trip! Hopefully with me next week.
Thanks for the heads up WTF304

WTF304

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 10:38:03 pm »
No problem, glad it was helpful. Did they sell you everything that was in the picture they sent me ? ... if so then you made out like a bandit, those starter pinions are hard to find and i seen one listed for over 300 $ .... just the pinion.

One day when I'm down on my luck .... somebody will kindly point me in the right direction.

Good luck
  WTF304

plasticadam

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2015, 12:19:00 pm »
Still waiting for it to be delivered after coming through customs clearance. Been informed by the shippers it will be with me by the end of the week. Jeez - its been a long process!