Author Topic: Anyone Out Riding This Time Of Year?  (Read 19178 times)

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Anyone Out Riding This Time Of Year?
« on: February 08, 2015, 10:11:57 am »
Even though my area has been "dryer" than usual this winter, it's still wet!

Anyone out there enjoying some nice weather & riding? How about you southwest & southern folks? I need to live vicariously through your riding stories. Post 'em if you have 'em.

Thanks
J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Anyone Out Riding This Time Of Year?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 08:20:35 pm »
I went for a ride today! :o 

Took the FT Ascot out & ran my favorite backroad. I had to take it easy due to hidden wet patches in the shaded corners. It takes several sunny days for those spots to dry up. I still managed to bounce 'er off the rev limiter a couple of times. Mostly coming out of a corner in 3rd or 4th. I also watched the odometer click over 6700 miles on my way home.

All in all a good ride & a very welcome break from the rain.
J.

thumperdh

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 10:48:29 pm »
I've just been playing around the yard on my XR100 supermoto really. Short rides here and there but nothing much.
1982 FT500
Conti Classic Attack tires
Foam filter mod
Round headlight
Rejetted carb
Progressive springs
Supertrapp muffler
Thumperstuff header

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 06:52:38 am »
How is that little bike?

The couple of pics that I've seen look good.

J.

thumperdh

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 11:13:16 pm »
For anyone wondering, this is my little XR Minimoto racer

http://imgur.com/a/X0cXe

How is that little bike?

It's a blast. I'm a huge fan of small bikes even though i'm a big guy. I can have an absolute ball on it in the backyard and its no louder than a lawnmower so the neighbors can't complain. On the asphalt is where it really shines though, nothing like getting your knee down at 15mph. It's just so much fun.
1982 FT500
Conti Classic Attack tires
Foam filter mod
Round headlight
Rejetted carb
Progressive springs
Supertrapp muffler
Thumperstuff header

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 06:45:45 am »
That bike looks like fun! Do you plan to make it street legal? Do you know if a larger XR engine will fit in your frame?

I know what you mean about small bikes. I bought a Honda MB5 (50cc, 2-stroke with 5 speed) to use as a trainer for my G/F. It's huge fun!

J.

WTF304

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 05:05:50 pm »
I finally got mine on the road yesterday. ... rode it then and today. The bike is everything i need as it's my commuter/ joy ride bike. Yesterday my buddies XT600 snapped the throttle cable right in his driveway, hopefully he gets it back together soon.

She has a bit of a flat spot around 3/4 - WOT.. I'll have to get a plug reading I'm not entirely sure with my jetting where the mixture screw should be set ..... might even be the petcock not flowing as much as she is drinking, she is after all a big single. I'll have to get my go-pro charged up and get up the mountain road one of these days.

scottly

• Humboldt, AZ USA
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 10:33:53 pm »
I took my bike out for a ride last week, then started tearing it apart to fix an oil leak between the head and the head cover, and to swap in a White Bros cam while I was at it. ;D

WTF304

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 12:14:10 pm »
Took a ride today ..... up county route 52 in NewYork state in Ulster county. So nice out .... and finally no rain for a few days.