Author Topic: let the fun begin  (Read 38103 times)

thumb

• The Devil Made Me Do It !
Re: let the fun begin
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2015, 05:35:44 pm »
Got a few more things done this week
nice chunky headlight brackets fitted
hornet 900 headlight fitted
got some colour on seat unit and side panels (u.k - post office van red - good colour match)
indicators + leds fitted - leds will be wired into brake light
cut inner mudguard down and mounted as a splashguard
I've stopped fighting the demons in my head, we're both on the same side now

FT500R

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2015, 07:04:57 am »
the seat looks really good!

thumb

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 03:43:25 pm »
Not got much done this week, had a totally dead bike - electrical fault, but with the help of "geo" from the yahoo group the old girls up and running again.
Got the seat covered a fixed to seat unit. Its covered in brown suede from a £2 jacket bought at a car boot sale. I've sealed the cover with a total waterproofing spray that's used on canvas tents.
Rear lights are now wired in a working, L.E.Ds wired into brake light, gonna look good in the dark

WTF304

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2015, 04:46:46 pm »
Looks really good, I'm not liking the color of the seat but the rear section looks really good. But it's not mine lol so it doesn't matter. I want to re-do the color scheme on my .... i want to do the red and blue traditional honda color scheme.

triguyracer

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2015, 11:40:44 am »
Like how you did the side covers looks really good and flows with the lines of the bike.tail section and seat look very good too.

thumb

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2015, 12:47:25 pm »
I was trying to get that "flow" from the tank to the seat, quit happy with the way they look at the moment. Need to take a bit off the edges of the seat unit so it sits better on the side panels. The seat looks much better than in the picture and being brown its different, like i said at the start of this project its more for looks than performance. Not much more work to be done then i can get it m.o.t ed and on the road and then down to the shop for a custom made set of stainless headers 2/1.

Lefty

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2015, 05:12:02 pm »
Ooooh, stainless headers( insert sound of Homer drooling here)! Looking forward to seeing those!

thumb

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2015, 02:30:03 pm »
Well finally got the old girl finished, but not without a few problems. The nice chunky headlight brackets hit the tank before full lock left/right  and would have taken the paint right off the tank, so to the back of the shed with them. Dug out the original brackets and refitted look good with the hornet 900 headlight. Got rid of the fuse holder from the bars, chopped the multi plug out of the harness and extended the wiring back to the tray I made and used new blade inline fuses also moved the diode there as well. Should be on the road next week and ridden till winter sets in then it will be a full strip down and wire wheels fitted etc ect.

thumb

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2015, 02:30:59 pm »
2 more pics

upperb

« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2015, 09:34:52 am »
Very nice. You obviously have both an eye for what looks right and good fab skills.  Will look forward to seeing the mods you have planned.  In the meanwhile, enjoy!

WTF304

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 11:31:20 pm »
Looks good

Lefty

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2015, 12:33:12 pm »
Very cool, you've done a great job!

thumb

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2015, 01:16:23 pm »
Got the old girl on the road today passed the M.O.T , just needed the headlight beam adjusting which the nice man did for me. Done all of 6 miles - cos it ain't stopped rainin !. Still needs the carb setting up running rough at the moment, now't that I carn't sort. Got a selection of jets in the post.