Author Topic: New signal lights  (Read 14445 times)

Lefty

New signal lights
« on: May 25, 2015, 05:16:24 pm »
I just got these from Ebay, they're metal and incandscent as well. Oh, and they also come with the correct male connector pins on them too!
Now I need to trace out why they dont flash, the dash indicator doesn't light up either, but I'll figure it out.
I really like the way these look & am probably going to buy 2 more for the front.

Lefty

Re: New signal lights
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 05:22:13 pm »
Crap, had to resize them....

WTF304

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 06:53:30 pm »
Those things are tiny, hope they are bright ..... otherwise might be hard for others to see them.

Lefty

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 07:53:40 pm »
You're right they're pretty small & I'm noticing they are slowing down the flash cycle. Turns out the lights were flashing, just really slow- maybe the bulbs are a lower wattage? I'm thinking I might try them  on the front & find another set for the rear.

WTF304

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 08:23:58 pm »
Could be .... or the winker relay isn't passing enough juice, 30 + yrs old winker .... or you change it ?

Lefty

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 05:53:59 am »
Yep, I just ordered one

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 08:10:50 am »
I have small incandescent turn signals on the front & LED's in the back. My turn signals needed a new LED type of flasher to work correctly. I used this one: https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/flashers-load-resistors/lf1-s-pin-universal-motorcycle-electronic-flasher/193/841/  You might want to order 2 of them. My first one burnt out, but the second one is hanging in there.

J.

Lefty

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 05:06:28 pm »
Yea J6, I renember reading your thread about that liscense plate frame that has tail stop, turn and plate light, I thought that looked pretty trick. I actually bought that same light set up w/ the flasher from Super Bright KEDs, but I misplaced the darn flasher when I moved. I am looking for it.
The more I look at these lights, the more I dont like how small they are, and the grill across the front(big selling point for me) makes the lights that much harder to see in the daytime. I had my wife drive behind me to give me her opinion & she gave them the thumbs down. I'm going to mount them on the front & see how they look.