Author Topic: 1984 Ascot For Sale (Salt Lake City)  (Read 8120 times)

mtnhound

1984 Ascot For Sale (Salt Lake City)
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:18:01 pm »
So I've decided I'm done riding on the street and want to get back into dirt bikes, so my 1984 Ascot is for sale.  I've had it for about 7 years and before that my dad had it for a few (not sure exactly how long).  It's been well taken care of by us, and it seems like the previous owner(s) did so too. I figured I'd list it on this site, since people here recognize how good a bike this is.  I've really enjoyed it, which is why I've had it for so long.

Here's what it has and has been done recently:
 -Windscreen
 -Aftermarket air adjust system for the forks ("Reed Air" I believe, looks like it was installed back in the 80s)
 -K&N air filter in the stock air box
 -Highway bars w/pegs
 -Rear rack
 -Brand new Pirelli Sport Demons
 -An EBC front rotor and pads with maybe 2,000 miles on them
 -Carb jets cleaned (was getting a little stumble off idle)
 -New valve cover gaskets and odo cable gasket
 -Checked valve clearances
 -Replaced turn signal relay with used working unit
 -The seat was reupholstered at one point before my dad got it.  The fabric is in great shape, but I do have two gray marks on the pillion portion due to duct tape (a bone-head moment on my part). It's no longer sticky, but the gray marks are still there.
 -I believe the paint is original and in very good shape if that is the case.
 -The oil and oil filter are fresh
 -The fork seals were replaced about 7 years ago, so they have some time on them, but should be good for awhile still.
 -New battery

Not perfect items:
 -The tach growls, so the cable is disconnected and the tach needle is broken, but the pieces are still in the housing.
 -The speedo also has developed a growl when the outside temps are in the 50s or lower.
 -The windscreen looks like garbage.  The previous owner before my dad used glass cleaner on it and destroyed the finish.
 -The sight window on the front master cylinder started to seep, so I made a gasket and sealed it with quick steel epoxy.  I haven't painted it, so it doesn't look pretty, but seems to do the trick.

It has a little over 47,000 miles. I'm also including a Dowco Guardian cover which is two years old, but only in a shed, a Clymer manual, and a Joe Rocket tail bag, that fits perfectly on the rack.

Those who are out of the area of Layton, Ut will need to take care of any transportation means. I will not deliver - sorry.

I'm asking $1650, but am open to offers.

Check my local classified at: https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=33966569&cat=144  for pictures.

If you have any questions that I haven't covered, let me know.

Thanks!  :)