Author Topic: swingarm swop  (Read 9671 times)

thumb

• The Devil Made Me Do It !
swingarm swop
« on: March 25, 2015, 04:16:34 pm »
hi guys,
           has anyone changed the swingarm on the FT , drawing up a list of possible mods while waiting for the new bike to be delivered. One mod being a under seat exhaust, using a monoshock swingarm  (without shock and linkage) and using the "hole" to bring a custom made exhaust up and under the seat pan and out. looking to keep standard type shocks so would need "eyes" - blocks welding onto swingarm to mount shocks. Gonna need to take some measurements from the original and hit the local breakers with the tape measure. Cant doe much at the moment with not having the bike here, just thinking out loud .

I've stopped fighting the demons in my head, we're both on the same side now

WTF304

Re: swingarm swop
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 08:25:23 pm »
Sounds awfully complicated to me, that being said I'm sure it can be done .... nothing is impossible. My only question is why ?. You don't have it yet, you haven't ridden it yet .... just suggesting wait till you get it, see it, feel it in person. The amount of time, money, oh yea ! ..... $ money $ ! And all that waiting sounds like crazy talk. You'll be the only FT owner who has 20 k in a bike that when new was worth 10 k and now can be picked up for almost whatever you got in your pocket lol .. ( meaning like 100 - 800 $)

No Disrespect
TF (WTF304)

P.S. the exhaust idea sounds awesome

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: swingarm swop
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 07:46:43 am »
I did some looking around a few years back & did not find a bolt in swing-arm. You might want to look for an XR swing-arm, but I think you are making more work that it's worth. There are some pictures on this forum of an FT that is set up for racing. They are using the original swing-arm with some bracing added.

Good luck
J.