Author Topic: Main Jet  (Read 9706 times)

Cidde

Main Jet
« on: May 06, 2015, 04:51:40 am »
Hi
I modified my FT -82 and install another air filter. Now I want to know what Main Jet I should try on?

triguyracer

Re: Main Jet
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2015, 03:25:50 pm »
What type of filter did you use? and did you remove the air box. Any other mods to the motor,pipe and any other motor systems.There is a thread on this site that has the specs you want check it I belive it is go to a 58 pilot jet and one or two sizes up on the main 145 or 150 for a stock motor no other mods with the stock air box.My own bike stock with just the airbox removed and a uni foam filter and a White Brothers pipe with six disks to make it run good I used a 58 pilot shimmed the needle 25 thou and used a 180 main,runs xclnt with this jetting.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2015, 09:19:21 am »
Need a bit more information. How exactly did you modify the intake side? What type of exhaust are you running?

Here is a good primer that you should read: http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=10.0

With the stock exhaust & air box with the intake snorkel removed, you should increase the main and low-speed jets to
#145 and #58 respectively. If you are running a modified exhaust and/or a UNI sock type of filter, you will need to go richer. You can purchase the jets that you need from ThumperStuff: http://www.thumperstuff.com

While you are at it, pick up a 16 tooth countershaft sprocket. This will allow your engine to operate at a more relaxed RPM.

J.

wrk2ride_ride2wrk

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 07:10:05 pm »
ATM I have;

K&N filter in standard box
Supersound muffler ( Jpnese Supertrapp ) 6 discs & XL/XR? headers

#58 Pilot
# 155 Main shimmed 25 thou  / Triguy started shimmed with 180~170~155 but kept bogging, maybe my air delivery?

Pulls hard right through the range,Waiting now on and adapter for a FCR carb.... in the mean time about to try these settings in a GB500TT carb, which fits straight in..has a rubber diaphragm.. sharper response from a lighter slide & skirt?