Author Topic: Wire a new start button  (Read 8196 times)

mikeyboi83

Wire a new start button
« on: May 13, 2015, 02:19:27 am »
Does anyone know how I could go about wiring my own custom start button? I can not seem to find it anywhere. I sort of want it down on the frame, I see it a lot on other bikes and I love it.

I am leaving the original button where it is so the headlight works like normal, just a button to start.

Thanks for any information.

mikeyboi83

Re: Wire a new start button
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 11:06:52 am »
Wouldn't I be able to just use heavy guage wire with a push button with a fuse and wire it directly to the solenoid? That way when I push the button its the same as jumping the solenoid?

WTF304

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 11:34:10 am »
The thing you see is most likely the key switch on the frame ..... i have yet to see a "push button start switch" on a frame. Haven't you taken apart the the controls on the bars ? ...

Might be a simple fix .... you should search the site more your not the only rider with that same problem.

mikeyboi83

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 12:34:10 pm »
Yep I took apart the controls and cleaned the contacts very good on the button, it has to be a ground somewhere lol Ugh

Lefty

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 09:28:46 am »
Try jumping across the 2 wires & see if it starts- if it does, follow the wires as far back as you can & splice new wire with your switch. Mount the switch where you like.
If jumping the wires together doesn't work, follow them back to see where your problem is.