Author Topic: No spark  (Read 9305 times)

Lefty

No spark
« on: October 01, 2015, 05:04:14 pm »
searching this site I found the "No Spark, now what?" Thread which was really helpful.
I've narrowed it to the pulse generator, the volts while cranking are minimal and the resistance value I'm getting is .543 K ohms. So I have a spare pulser & it also reads practically the same.
I got the pulser and a spare CDI from the same person(the CDI is good, I've run it once for about 3 days when I first got it) & I'm thinking the pulser I bought is good, but I'm getting 548 or so K ohms when I test it, almost EXACTLY the same value as the one on the bike( I tried 3 different testers on both, still getting the same value). I've tested both switches(ign & kill) and they're good. The alternator test per the thread tests good, and no voltage at the coil power supply when cranking.
I've unplugged & replugged all connectors hoping that there was a bad connection somewhere, but no change.
Here in Maryland we're having 3-4 days of rain, so I haven't replaced the pulser yet, but Will as soon as it dries up. Am I forgetting something? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Lefty.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: No spark
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2015, 10:49:27 am »
Sorry to hear that you are having electrical problems. You might want to post the problem on the Yahoo FT Ascot site. Geo is pretty sharp on that stuff.

Good luck
J.

WTF304

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 07:37:20 am »
Been a long time since I've been on, have you checked the whole harness to see if there was any broken / bare, or melted wires ? Sounds like that might be if your getting no juice to the coil .... either that or the coils bad.

Lefty

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 10:55:52 am »
I finally narrowed it to the pulser, the nut came loose & the pointer slid forward. After I got it all back together it still wouldn't start! The culprit, a brand new NGK plug was bad, luckily I had an extra.