Author Topic: Side Panel decals  (Read 13178 times)

markysimon

Side Panel decals
« on: May 07, 2016, 10:04:12 am »
Hi again,

Can anyone tell me if the silver-on-black decals are available for the Ascot side-panels and if so, from where?

Cheers – Markysimon

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Side Panel decals
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2016, 10:19:39 am »
Check on eBay.

J.

markysimon

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 12:51:49 pm »
Thanks and yeah, I checked (UK) eBay and there's someone selling the white decals at a very high price in the US, plus very high postage to the UK, so on both counts no good for my red bike.  :-[

I was hoping there might be some NoS ones available somewhere, or someone making decent quality aftermarket copies at a sensible price. (You can buy good quality 'Honda Wing' decals, in various colours, here in the UK for approx $2).

So I live in hope!  ;D

Cheers – Markysimon

RobertP

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 03:55:39 am »
Hi Marky
It's me, Bob, again. The Bike I am getting has been re-sprayed a completely different colour with a black and white check pattern on the side covers, so as part of my project I will be getting the side covers back to a more normal look. I face the same problem as you, that getting side covers (usually only available in the US of A) are expensive to buy and ship over to OZ. So I will be painting the side panels myself to match the existing bike colour (light blue) and getting stickers printed from companies on the internet (VT500 and Ascot). I found heaps of these available on line where you can choose your font, Bold, Itallic, border, colour etc for only a couple of dollars each. They do not come out exactly the same as oem, but still look good (considering the bike will no longer be stock). I found the "Ascot" printed in "freestyle script" looks really close. Like yourself the Honda and wings are available locally cheap enough.

Cheers Bob

markysimon

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 04:40:36 am »
Hi again Bob,

That's an interesting option, which I hadn't considered mainly because although I know that there are companies who can laser cut and print decals, I assumed they would be expensive: The bloke who is advertising Ascot ones on fleaBay certainly suggests as much!
I'll do a bit of research online here in Britain though, so thanks for the idea!  :)

Cheers – Mark

murdo

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 05:01:44 am »
I have gotten mine from reprodecals.com

markysimon

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 05:38:29 am »
reprodecals website doesn't seem to be there anymore!  ??? But there are other outfits doing similar work which I'm now investigating.

Cheers – Mark W

murdo

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 06:14:16 pm »

markysimon

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 06:54:39 pm »
Thanks again for the heads up, and I'm actually awaiting a quote from Image Works, a/k/a Bike Stickers. Will let you know how I get on.  ;)

Cheers – Mark W

markysimon

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 04:24:29 pm »
For anyone who contributed to this thread and is interested, Image Works (T/A Bike Stickers) have got back to me with a very reasonable quote for the Ascot sidepanel decals. :D Their website again is: http://www.bike-stickers.com

Cheers – Mark