Author Topic: Paintwork Problem  (Read 7885 times)

markysimon

Paintwork Problem
« on: May 09, 2016, 03:44:58 pm »
I've just received some custom panels I had sprayed by a reputable local paintshop I have no reason to doubt. They used a two pack paint from a company here in the UK called RS Bike Paint which was listed as Candy Bourgogne Red for a 1985 Ascot (they didn't list earlier years, but mine is a 1983 bike). And as you can see from the photos, it is MUCH darker than the stock panels. There was no sticker on the rear fender with the paint code on when I bought the bike, but I was told it was R107cu.

Because Ascots are so rare in the UK, I've never seen another red one, so don't know if at some point my bike was re-painted in a lighter colour before I imported it from the USA. Can anyone tell me if this looks like the case, and/or if the darker panel (the one just painted) IS in fact R107cu?  :-[

I'd be very grateful for this info as I'm now in dispute with RS who will not refund my money nor supply the 'correct' paint.  :-[

Cheers – Markysimon

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Paintwork Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:50:09 pm »
The fender is the wrong color.

Here is a picture of an original tail-piece that I have listed in the classified section. It is a bit dirty & faded, but still shows the color.

Good luck
J.

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: Paintwork Problem
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:39:15 pm »
You might try taking the side panel into a paint shop that has a color match machine & have the color analyzed. Then the matching color can be mixed up.

How did you come up with the information that "R107cu" was the correct color? That info may not be accurate.

J.