Author Topic: What's this little tank for?  (Read 10548 times)

chuckleberry709

What's this little tank for?
« on: January 25, 2017, 06:14:59 pm »
Hey y'all. I'm sure somebody out there can tell me what the little tank attached to the bottom of the airbox is for? I pulled the airbox and the little tank out to clean it all up. The tank had a bit of crappy looking liquid crap in it, so I flushed it all out. Is there suppose to be something in it? If so, what? Do I leave it empty when I put it back in? Sorry, i haven't sprung for a shop manual yet, it's why I joined this forum!  :D

J6G1Z

• Global Moderator
Re: What's this little tank for?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 10:29:21 pm »
That is the crankcase breather catch tank.

The air-box draws crankcase blow-by through that tank & any oil spray that is present is supposed to settle into that tank.

BUY A SERVICE MANUAL! It is the second most important tool to own. This forum was never intended to be a replacement for a Service Manual.

http://ascot500.com/index.php?topic=450.0

J.

chuckleberry709

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 07:48:23 am »
Thanks for that info and the link. like i said I haven't sprung for one yet but I've been looking. I know this forum is no replacement for a proper manual, I wasn't being serious. My wallet is a little thin right now is all and the US$ exchange is killin me!

CB

murdo

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 02:44:06 am »
Leave the tank empty so when the engine breathes out some fumes it has somewhere to catch any oil particles.

Duke52

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 03:17:09 pm »
Keep an eye on eBay, service manuals can be picked up pretty cheap sometimes.

chuckleberry709

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 07:46:21 am »
Thanks y'all