Author Topic: front Signal wiring  (Read 7750 times)

jnavo209

front Signal wiring
« on: May 01, 2017, 12:51:25 pm »
i just picked up a 1983 ascot and ran into this forum i seen alot of helpfull things that helped me get the bike going... but now it's having a little hickup.... I had this little issue where the main fuse would blow out.. I started looking at all the wires and I think I found my problem... the front headlight and turn signals seem to not be wired correctly .. I had one section of three wires that seemed to have power one green and one blue and one green with a big plug on it... these weren't connected to nothing but we're together and would make contact I think this is my short for the main fuse blowing up... my question is how do these wire up to the other blue and green wires... like the wire diagram shows it shows blue and green for the left signal and orange and green for the right.... the way the wires are on mine... the three wires I found I connected them towards there corresponding color to a connection that has four conection except the green wire.... can anyone send me a pic of what theres looks like

jnavo209

Re: front Signal wiring
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:05:00 pm »
the dark blue = light blue wire with white stripe and the red = orange with white stripe... the dark blue with the question mark was already connected like that

jnavo209

Re: front Signal wiring
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 01:07:57 pm »
how do I took it up to this